23% 23% 
[ 3 ]
15% 15% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

Vote for our first map

Post by Cat Litterer on Fri May 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Welcome to Lambda Operations RP!
As some (see: most) might know, we're running an uprisingRP event for our server canon where everyone can join. This will be happening for a few days and then we will change to a coast- or outlandsRP map. Please nominate and vote for maps in this topic, I will add nominations to the poll as they are posted.

rp_coast_07
rp_coast_03_fix
rp_outercanals_winter
rp_coast_03_v4_night
rp_rrn_coast_v1
trp_coastal-sub-facility
rp_coast_07_final
rp_otf_coast_v2
rp_coast_09
rp_coast_10_v2
rp_coast_11

Last edited by Cat Litterer on Sun May 05, 2013 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vote for our first map

Post by TankNut on Fri May 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Right, in this post I'll be posting my feedback on each map. Starting with:

rp_coast_03_v4_night
Right, so after messing around a bit with this map. I can say that it is really... BAD.
Even though the combine dropship flying around is nice, the combine hangar where it lands has massive map seams, you can literally walk out of the hangar and out of the map. And even if you are not in the hangar, you can see the map seams everywhere.

It also severely messes with the combine theme. The combine base is hidden while all rebel related areas are just... there. And the area isn't even hidden properly, it is just a fake wall which uses the usual combine-only door mechanic.

TankNut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyKebab on Fri May 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Imo, we should proceed immediately to rp_arctictrain_v1_beta for 4-5 days after the start-out event ends. Then, after the time has passed we could change into rp_outercanals_winter, By having the train to ICly malfunction, forcing us to retreat to coast for 7 days. And then, we may switch to a voted map.
MightyKebab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MEATLOAF on Sat May 04, 2013 5:56 am

ewwww outercanals screams OTA bases and endless raids until it's decided to change maps again

MEATLOAF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony on Sat May 04, 2013 7:32 am

MEATLOAF wrote:ewwww outercanals screams OTA bases and endless raids until it's decided to change maps again

Spoiler:
There won't be OTA there
Tony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MEATLOAF on Sat May 04, 2013 8:26 am

Tony wrote:
MEATLOAF wrote:ewwww outercanals screams OTA bases and endless raids until it's decided to change maps again

Spoiler:
There won't be OTA there

Thank god. AG had OTA and it was endless raiding and ruined my first impression of a canals outland map.

MEATLOAF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Litterer on Sat May 04, 2013 12:40 pm

MEATLOAF wrote:
Tony wrote:

Spoiler:
There won't be OTA there

Thank god. AG had OTA and it was endless raiding and ruined my first impression of a canals outland map.
In-canon, the OTA did not regularly raid the outlands before Freeman arrived, since he was a major threat. You can see this when playing HL2, EP1, EP2 by all the sudden destruction.

I removed outercanals from the vote, since they're part of the transition we will make in this event. Please do vote for what coastal map we will play on.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zomblez on Sat May 04, 2013 1:39 pm

I voted for coast_09 because a possible resistance base actually has a functioning gate. It seems like a very nice map and even though there are no combine-style outposts, one could easily be transformed into an OTA-Style base. I will look into designing and adding some screenshots later.
Zomblez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyKebab on Sat May 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Zomblez wrote:I voted for coast_09 because a possible resistance base actually has a functioning gate. It seems like a very nice map and even though there are no combine-style outposts, one could easily be transformed into an OTA-Style base. I will look into designing and adding some screenshots later.

I've had a horrible experience with Coast 9.

It focuses only on Rebel RP and if anything the area at the end of the map is supposed to be an OTA base. It gives you a border'ish style of gameplay which feels like the village'ish part of the map doesn't exist.

FYI, trp_coastal-sub-facility is a heavily modified version of rp_coast_05, same applies for rp_rrn_coast, a modified version of coast_04
MightyKebab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TankNut on Sun May 05, 2013 10:51 am

Right. Since rp_coast_03_v4_night is a terrible map and DARK. Which really doesn't fit in with the coast theme. I have gone ahead and found the map that it is based on.

rp_coast_03_fix

The map itself is a direct rip from the coast_03 map from Half Life 2 with all NPC mechanics and similar things removed, I have played coastRP on this map before and in my opinion it's a very good map. It also gives the CMD plenty of space to move their aerial units around. Even though there isn't an outpost specifically made for them, the CMD could easily deploy into the map once needed. Freeing up the whole map for refugees to freely expand and spread out.

TankNut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle on Sun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Looks like we'd need vehicles for that coast map Razz
Waffle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony on Sun May 05, 2013 11:20 pm

I am looking at the amount of votes, and I am like: Why people? Why?

Coast_09? Really? It has like... 3 houses and an OTAfied village. It's barely suitable for RP.

I suggest coast_11

It even has a whole refugee camp for epic passiveRP
Tony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smee on Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 am

Tony wrote:I am looking at the amount of votes, and I am like: Why people? Why?

Coast_09? Really? It has like... 3 houses and an OTAfied village. It's barely suitable for RP.

I suggest coast_11

It even has a whole refugee camp for epic passiveRP

Smee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyKebab on Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Coast 11 is as small as City 11, dude.

Infact I've only started thinking that rp_coast_03_v4_night is actually a good idea.
MightyKebab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stario on Wed May 08, 2013 1:54 pm

I suggest Coast_09, although it is quite linear, since it is so big it allows for a lot of space.

And the two tunnels could also serve quite a nice opportunity, especially for the server story.

I came up with a cave in design in case you cared: http://steamcommunity.com/id/StarJerkins/screenshot/558722554815526834
Stario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down